SnoozeShade is not just for warm and sunny weather and can be used at any time of the year to help your baby sleep more peacefully.
Don't pack away your SnoozeShade just because the sun isn't making much of an appearance. During the autumn and winter months, there are more reasons than ever to keep your SnoozeShade close by and ready for action wherever you go.
SnoozeShade is essential during the winter months
As described in this post, SnoozeShade continues to be an essential baby item when the temperatures drop and we leave summer behind. The benefits of using SnoozeShade include:
- Protection from low winter sun
- Shelter from light wind, rain and even snow
- Protection against well-meaning onlookers
- Consistency for nap routines
- Freedom for parents!
Guidelines for using SnoozeShade in cooler weather
It’s common sense to be in tune with your instincts when it comes to using SnoozeShade during the winter months. SnoozeShade will provide light shelter for your little one but it's not a replacement for adequate layers when it's really cold. The following guidelines may be useful if you're unsure:
- Check the temperature outside before you go out. It might seem sunny and warm from inside with your radiators at full blast and the glare of the winter sun but chances are that you're going to need to wrap up! It can also get much colder when the sun goes down.
- Use blankets to layer up for protection against the cold weather. SnoozeShade will provide light shelter during winter but you need to monitor the temperature inside the pushchair. Just as you would in summer, regularly check on your baby inside the SnoozeShade by feeling the back of the neck, not their hands, and adjust layers accordingly.
- Always store an extra layer in your changing bag in case the temperature drops. If you go into a café or shop, or the temperature begins to rise, remove a layer to prevent overheating. It's a good idea to use thin cellular blankets if you can.
- Always pop a hat and gloves on your baby when you're out in really cold weather, to minimise heat loss. SnoozeShade is made from a light, permeable fabric so it won't make the temperature inside the pushchair rise. When you go inside, always remove hats and gloves to prevent over-heating.
- Let the weather guide you. If it's raining hard, you should know that SnoozeShade is not a rain cover and will not protect your little one in a downpour. If it's drizzling, it's fine.
Get outdoors this winter!
Being outdoors has proven benefits for both parent and child. A good dose of vitamin D and some fresh air does wonders for emotional wellbeing and will get the heart pumping too - so don't be tempted to skip your daily walk just because the sun isn't shining. And don't forget that fresh air helps to promote a good night's sleep for baby too!